Have you lately checked how fast your website is loading?
Following a recent Joomla! CMS update we checked the Page Load Speed of the Home Page of one of our demonstration websites.
We used the YSlow Browser Add-on (no longer available).
We were not impressed when we saw the result!
So we decided to check a few things, including whether:
- Page Caching was enabled,
- Gzip compression was enabled and supported by our hosting provider,
- we could make some changes to our website's .htaccess file to further improve performance.
All of the above helped, but we saw the biggest improvement when we installed and configured 3rd party extension: JCH Optimize.
When we re-tested our website's Page Load Speed we were mighty pleased!
See for yourself ...
A big improvement, we think you will agree!
How to check Page Load Speed
We like these applications:
- Lighthouse (requires subscription).
- GTmetrix Performance Reports.
You will find links to these and other useful tools in our Joomla! User Guide.
How you can further improve website performance
You can improve website performance by focusing on speed when you:
- choose a hosting provider, and
- administer your website.
WYNCHCO Joomla! CMS Support
We coach, help and support managers with responsibility for Joomla! websites in organisations across Cheshire, Manchester, Merseyside, North West England & the UK.