The Public Sector
Joomla! CMS Support for Birchwood Town Council
WYNCHCO Joomla! CMS Support
How do Birchwood Town Council benefit?
The council benefit from their subscription to WYNCHCO Joomla! CMS Support in three major ways.
The council receives:
- FULL unrestricted access to our Joomla! CMS User Guides,
- PRIORITY Personal Email & Telephone Support, and
- DAILY, WEEKLY & MONTHLY Joomla! CMS Website Maintenance.
For the duration of the subscription period we'll provide you with full unrestricted access to our online Joomla! User Guides at www.joomlers.uk.
For the duration of the subscription period we'll do our best to provide you with answers to your questions about how to use the core Joomla! CMS and Third Party Applications listed in our Service Level Agreement.
You may contact us by email and telephone using the contact details published at our website (www.wynchco.uk).
We'll respond to your emails and telephone calls between the hours of 09:00 - 17:00 GMT (Monday - Friday) excluding UK bank holidays.
DAILY, WEEKLY & MONTHLY Joomla! CMS Website Maintenance
For the duration of the subscription period we'll provide you with Joomla! CMS Website Maintenance.
The Joomla! CMS Website Maintenance we provide will be tailored to your needs.
To make it harder for a potential attacker to hack into your website.
Example Service Level
Here is a summary of the Joomla! CMS Website Maintenance we provide when you subscribe.
When your subscription commences, we will:
1. establish a record of Joomla! CMS maintenance, to be called the Maintenance Schedule;
2. conduct a server-side Security Audit of your Joomla! CMS;
3. produce an Action Plan to address the vulnerabilities identified;
4. implement the Action Plan;
5. install and configure a Web Application Firewall;
6. fine tune the website's HTACCESS file (Apache web server) or WEB CONFIG file (Microsoft IIS web server);
7. install and configure a Backup Utility;
8. create a folder called MYBACKUPS outside the PUBLIC_HTML or HTTPDOCS folder on the server hosting your Joomla! CMS (to which we'll send weekly Backup Archives).
On a daily basis, we will:
1. monitor for and promptly install Joomla! CMS Updates;
2. monitor for and promptly install Third Party Application Updates;
3. monitor Joomla! CMS back end activity;
4. notify you by email if we see evidence of suspicious Joomla! CMS back end activity;
5. monitor Joomla! CMS uptime;
6. notify you by email if we observe extended periods of Joomla! CMS downtime;
7. record Joomla! CMS and Third Party Application updates in the Maintenance Schedule.
On a weekly basis, we will:
1. create a Backup Archive;
2. send the Backup Archive to the MYBACKUPS folder on the server hosting your Joomla! CMS;
3. conduct a server-side Security Audit of your Joomla! CMS, including scan for suspicious and malicious content in Joomla! CMS files;
4. notify you by email if we discover evidence of the Joomla! CMS having been hacked;
5. record changes made to your Joomla! CMS's configuration in the Maintenance Schedule.
On a monthly basis, we will:
1. conduct a supplementary browser-side Security Audit of your Joomla! CMS;
2. send a copy of the updated Maintenance Schedule to you by email;
3. remind you how to download Backup Archives from the MYBACKUPS folder.
If your Joomla! CMS is hacked or breaks during the Subscription Period then we'll attempt to resolve the issue by restoring one or more Backup Archives.
PERSONAL & LOCAL Joomla! CMS Support
We are keen to work with public sector bodies across Cheshire, Greater Manchester, Merseyside and the North West from our office in Warrington.
If you are based in the UK but outside the North West, we can still help.
We'll perform a browser-side scan of your website to quickly check for any evidence of it having been hacked.
If the browser-side scan suggests your website may have been hacked then we'll recommend that you:
- commission repair of your hacked website,
- restore your last known clean backup, or
- re-build your website using a fresh installation of the latest Joomla! version
before you subscribe.
If the browser-side scan suggests your website has not been hacked then for peace of mind we'll offer to perform a server-side scan of your website before you subscribe (we'll charge a nominal fee for this service, to be refunded when you subscribe).
If the server-side scan indicates your website has been hacked then we'll recommend you follow the steps outlined above before you subscribe.
We cannot guarantee that your Joomla! CMS Website will not be hacked or break during the subscription period.
No-one can provide such a guarantee.
We can however make it harder for a potential attacker to hack into your website.
And whilst you will retain responsibility for taking all reasonable practical steps to protect your Joomla! CMS Website, for example:
- using very strong secure passwords;
- restricting user access to the Joomla! CMS Control Panel;
- using SFTP or FTPS protocol when connecting to the server via an FTP client;
- protecting devices used to access the Joomla! CMS from being infected by malware
we'll be on hand throughout the subscription period to help and support you by providing personal email and telephone support and full unrestricted access to our Joomla! User Guides.